Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Update Time!

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on here and oh boy, there sure has been a lot happening since August 2012. I guess I will mainly talk about the most important thing that has happened to me which is, I'M GETTING MARRIED. SURPRISE. Didn't see that one coming, did you? So let me explain.

In my Spring 2013 semester, I met the most amazing person in this entire universe. Cameron Hein. We were both in Fitness for Life. The funny thing is, he had already taken it at Snow College but it didn't transfer over. I was signed up for a different teacher, but decided at last minute to change my teacher. Coincidence? I think NOT! Anyways, we had to do Outdoor Activity Reports and I was building up the courage to ask him out. Britt, my wonderful sister who was living with us at the time, helped coach me what to say & how to act so I didn't seem like a complete fool around Cameron. (If you didn't know already, I was an amateur at being around guys. I had only been on two dates and was very awkward.) Now before I could ask Cameron to do an activity with me, HE ALREADY BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH. Now if you could only imagine how I reacted when he first asked to be Facebook friends, and then asked for my number, and then asked if I wanted to do an Outdoor activity. It was a pretty funny site. My heart was pounding and I felt like I could explode with giddiness. A GUY asked ME if we could do something together. Yes I know it wasn't a date "technically" but in my mind it was. So we went Ice Skating and wow, what an amazing night! He paid for my ticket, we talked the entire time, and afterwards he took me out for hot chocolate. It was the best night of my life! He took me home, walked me up to the door and before he left he hugged me. AAAHHH. A GUY HUGGED ME. That was the first time any guy had hugged me and it was amazing. Sure it only lasted like 2 seconds since I was new to this and pulled back, but boy was it wonderful! I was on cloud nine when I walked into the house and my mom could tell. I couldn't believe that I spent an evening with a guy by myself. It was unreal. Anyways, long story short. We continued to talk in class/get to know each other and kept going on dates. The more I got to know him, the more I wanted to be with him. My mom kept telling me not to have my expectations so high, cause we'd probably go on a few dates, but we kept on progressing. And now, look at us. We are getting married August 17, 2013 at the Mount Timpanogos Temple. Pretty spectacular, right?

So what I'm going to do is I will make a separate post for all the things we did together/the story of our relationship. That way it's not all in one big post. So stay tuned for the story of Amy & Cameron.

Here we are on our "first date". It was such a fun night!

No comments: