Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Second Date: Valentine's Day

For our second date, Cameron asked me out on Valentine's Day. Apparently he thought I was hinting that I wanted to do something that day, but honestly I was just trying to figure out if he had a girl or someone he liked.
Cameron picked me up from my house, where he met my mom again and Chelsey, and we made our way towards Pleasant Grove High to see the play Beauty & the Beast. In the car, he gave me a big Dove Chocolate Bar and a Lindt Hazelnut bar. How did he know they were my favorite?? Now before we went to the school, he asked me if I wanted to see where he lived. So we stopped by his house and I met his mom (Melanie) and his three younger sisters (Catherine, Camilla, & Cadee). It was super cute because the moment we walked in Cadee came running towards the door screaming Cameron's name and then jumped into his arms. Then she jumped down, looked up at me, and said "We got bunnies!" Grabbing my hand, she lead me through the house to see their new bunnies. It was very nice to meet part of his family. They seemed very very nice. After that, we headed to the school and sat in our seats. Now here's the really exciting part of the story.
During the first half of the play, I noticed that his hand was slowly getting closer to mine. Now not being very experienced with guys and the fact that I've never held a guy's hand before, you can probably imagine how I was feeling. My heart was beating like a mad person, I'm pretty sure was starting to sweat, and my mind was racing. Should I grab his hand or should I wait for him to take mine? Do I move my hand closer or stay still? Ugh, if only Britt was there so I could ask for her advice! So the entire first act Cameron's hand kept moving closer, but he never did hold my hand. Intermission happened, I tried calming myself/telling myself to be brave in the bathroom, and then returned back to our seats. The second half started and once again Cameron's hand was close to mine, occasionally bumping against mine. I decided to be brave and I looked down at his hand, then at his face. He looked at me and then said, "Is it alright?" I nodded and he then took a hold of my hand. WHOA BABY. HE WAS HOLDING MY HAND. ON OUR SECOND DATE. Pretty much there were fireworks happening inside of me. I couldn't believe that he was holding my hand. It was so sweet because sometimes he would stroke the side of my hand with his thumb and it was just so wonderful. I couldn't really concentrate on the play, because I was so busy controlling myself and not acting like a fool. After the play, we then went to Sammy's Cafe and had a late dinner. We talked some more and I kept finding myself liking this guy even more. We had so much in common, it was ridiculous. Oh and here's a funny thing. We finished eating and got into the car. He kept glancing over at me as we talked and suddenly I noticed that we were about to run a red light. I'm sure he noticed that my face probably got a bit panicky and he looked ahead right as we ran the light. His face got red and he started apologizing, saying, "I'm so sorry! I swear I'm a good driver. I've never done that before. I guess I was just distracted by you." So what he was saying, is that my "beauty" distracted him. Ha! He was so cute trying to explain himself as he started getting flustered and embarrassed. I just laughed and told him that he was fine. There was no traffic, so no harm done.
We finally arrived home, in one piece, and he walked me up to the door. He told me he had a wonderful night, hugged me goodbye, and then we parted. I was floating on air when I went upstairs to tell my mom everything. A few minutes later my phone started ringing and guess who it was. Cameron. I answered and he told me again what a great night we had and then said "I just wanted to let you know that you looked really pretty tonight. I forgot to say it in person, but I wanted you to know." Wow, what a line! He thought I looked pretty! No guy has ever told me that.

So we've only had two dates and already I was falling for this guy. I really REALLY hoped that we would keep going on dates, cause this was the best thing to ever happen to me.

No comments: