Friday, July 19, 2013

Our First Kiss

Now before I talk about the night of our kiss, let me first talk about the night before. Thursday nights we go to Kevin's house to watch Psych, but before we went over Cameron thought we could go hike up to this small waterfall in Pleasant Grove. So we did that and had a lot of fun. As we stood on top of the waterfall, we stared into each other's eyes and it seemed like the big final moment was about to happen. But of course, I RUIN IT by glancing to the side. Then Cameron looked away and the moment was over. UGH STUPID ME. WHY COULDN'T I HAVE WAITED 3 SECONDS LONGER. Oh well. Anyways, now onto Friday night, April 5, 2013.

That evening Cameron and I went to his mission reunion in SLC at his mission president's house. It was nice meeting the different missionaries he worked with and boy was his president's house BIG. It was crazy how gigantic it was. But he and his wife sure are nice people. Anyways, enough of that. As we were driving home, Cameron asked if I wanted to go walk around Discovery Park. Of course I said yes. So we walked around for about 20 or so minutes, talking about different things when suddenly I noticed we had walked out into the middle of the baseball field. Then Cameron randomly asked if I wanted to dance. He turned on Frank Sinatra on his phone and together we danced. Oh my goodness, my heart was going crazy! It was just like a movie, dancing underneath the stars to romantic music. Gradually we moved closer to each other to the point that our forehead were touching. I knew that this had to be the moment and I didn't want to ruin it. After about 30ish minutes of dancing, maybe longer I'm not sure, I looked up into his spectacular eyes, he looked down at me, and we kissed. IT WAS SO ROMANTIC. It was after we kissed that I told him that he was my very first kiss. Ever. This surprised him and he told me that I did a good job. Plus, he said that I was the first first kiss he had that wasn't awkward. That made me feel good, because I was worried about that. So basically I was on cloud nine the rest of the night. We had finally kissed and it was the most magical moment of my life. I'm so very glad that we waited 2 months, yes I know that's a while, before we had our first kiss. I felt that it was more meaningful. It wasn't a "Hey you're hot let's kiss" but it was a "I actually know you and like you for who you are." It was the best moment of my life.

No comments: