Thursday, February 9, 2012

I see dead people

Today in my human anatomy class, we finally got to start working with the cadavers! So I literally saw dead people today. I thought I was going to be unsettled by it, but actually I thought it was fascinating. Of course the body didn't look as I thought it was going to be, since it was all dissected, muscles pulled apart, some limbs unattached, and nothing like an actual human being, but it was very interesting. I now feel that if I can observe the cadavers without feeling sick then I can be a nurse!
Now another cool thing that happened today in class was I suddenly got hit by the spirit. As we were talking about the different joints in the body and how some of them, like the synovial joints, are special compared to other joints because they have certain properties that prevent the friction of bones rubbing each other raw, WHICH prevents people from enduring excruciating pain that would lead to the bones becoming pretty much disintegrated. Anyways, it just hit me that there is no possible way that there could not be a God. I cannot conceive any way of how our very VERY intricate bodies could have been made by some explosion or whatever, and not by a very intelligent being. So, it was really neat to have my testimony of the creation and of our Heavenly Father strengthened in my anatomy class. Who knew?!
Anyways, I better get back to studying my million things of anatomy.

No comments: