Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Back into blogging

Hey everyone,
I decided to get back into blogging since several people I know are starting it up again and that way I can actually keep a record of my "exciting" life. So, this post will be a recap of everything that has happened in my life since my last post, which was on July 18, 2009. (Note, not all of these things occurred in this exact order).
  • Survived the Swine Flue pandemic.
  • Went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter 6 and UP.
  • Went to the Stadium of Fire on the 4th of July.
  • Had a family reunion in Yellowstone Park.
  • Went star gazing and watched comets in the canyon with friends.
  • Went to IHOP at 4:00 a.m. several times just for kicks and giggles.
  • Had an awesome Star Wars marathon twice with my friends. (Yes I watched all six movies in one day.)
  • On New Year's Eve, Andie and I stayed up all night long being crazy.
  • Fell in love with some new t.v. shows, especially with the men in the shows. ;)
  • Saved my love, Roy Mustang, from the homunculus on my birthday.
  • Graduated from Mountain View High School.
  • FullMetal Alchemist, a manga series I followed loyally and loved dearly, ended after it had been going on for 8 years.
  • Went on an adventure trip to Moab with Chelsey, Taylor, and other people. There I went white river-rafting, and repelling. I also caught my hair while repelling, which caused me to be stuck about 200 ft in the air while a storm came along for several minutes.
  • I am an aunt of 13 nephews and nieces.
  • Attended the Muse concert in SLC.
  • Invited Andie, Meghan, and Riley to Lake Powell, where we had many adventures.
  • Started my first year of college at UVU.
  • Joined a Singles Ward and got called in the Activities committee in R.S.
  • Learned how to drive a stick shift and got my very own car, thanks to my dad.
  • Dressed up as Hagrid for a Harry Potter Birthday my friends and I did for Riley.
  • Went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter 7.
  • Went on my first official date.
  • Went on a Mexican Riviera Cruise for Christmas.
  • Started my second semester at UVU.
  • Got called as a Relief Society teacher.
So, I'm pretty sure that a lot more has happened throughout this last year and a half, but that's all of the main things I can remember. Anyways, I hope that I actually keep up with updating this blog and hopefully I will have pictures to put up. That way for those of you who might read this, it will at least be interesting to look at the pictures.

3 comments:

april said...

Amy, I love you! I'm really excited to get to look forward to reading your blog again! <3

aaron wilkinson said...

Hi Sis! I love blogging because I get to see what the people I love are up to. I really should just get a facebook account but I guess I'm just too "old fashion." :)

Love you sis!

Amy said...

Thanks bb! I love you with all of my heart!

Hi Bro! That's what I love about blogging as well, especially when I get to see pictures of adorable little kids. And you know what? I think you should stay facebook free. I think a blog suits you and Britt better anyways. :)

Love you too!