Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Life update

Here's a quick update on my life so far:

I'm halfway through my CNA program. It's been really fun so far and not too hard. Yesterday I became officially CPR and First Aid certified. Oh man, my arms are so sore. We did a lot of practicing and I added up my total amount of compressions I did on a mannequin. 2,250. That's a lot of times to push real hard on a stubborn mannequin.


Next is I've been training these past two weeks for the 4th of July Freedom 5k run! My good friend Carrie really wanted me to do it with her, since that's her birthday, so I agreed to do it. At first I didn't want to, because I'm not much of a runner, but as I've been running everyday I'm actually really excited to do it. I know that a 5k isn't a big deal to some people, but to me it is. I'm also excited to get a cool free shirt and to have a fun time with my friend. Plus in order to get ready I've been trying to eat really healthy. One of the things I've been eating, or drinking I guess, is a nice green smoothie. My favorite green smoothie is one that has: Spinach, Bananas, Flaxseed, Cinnamon, Honey, Protein powder, half milk, half water. IT IS SO GOOD.

So that's basically all I've been up to besides work. Life is good and I'm glad for it. Oh, here's one last cute thing to end this post. Chelsey, my Mom, Cheri (my cousin), and I went out to eat for a girl's night out. Diesel of course came with us but was a sleep. He woke up when we were at the restaurant and had the cutest sad look on his face. If you can't tell, he has tears in his eyes. Here a few pictures I got on my iTouch. Enjoy :)






No comments: