Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Eat it, Art History!

A couple of weeks ago I had my first test in my Art History class and it was the craziest test I've ever taken for class. It consisted of eight essay questions and with each essay there were two paintings. Now with those paintings I had to first identify them, which meant I had to know the artist, title, exact date, style, and medium. Then after I identified both paintings, I had to answer four or more compare and contrast questions dealing with the paintings. So, this meant that I needed to know the symbols, meanings, advancements, techniques, reasons why it was a specific style, and pretty much every little detail about every painting. As I prepared for this test I was very nervous and when I actually took it, I spent 3 1/2 hours writing the eight essays.
Finally after waiting for two weeks, my teacher handed back the tests and guess what? I got a 99% on it! I couldn't believe that I had actually done that well on it. The only reason that I missed one point was because I forgot to mention on one of the paintings that its patron was the Medici family. So, pretty much I knew every stinkin' detail.
Anyways, I just wanted to update this little triumphant moment. Hopefully I will be able to do as well on my next art test, which is next week.

1 comment:

aaron wilkinson said...

alright amy, you're the woman!